Academic Refresher Courses for Teachers
The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and the Pontifical Urbaniana University will open Academic Refresher. These courses are specifically aimed at the Teachers of the Urbaniana University’s Affiliated Institutes.
The objective of the courses is to update and upgrade the participants’ knowledge in the following teaching fields :
- Moral Theology
- Biblical Theology
- Dogmatic Theology
- Spiritual Theology
- History of the Church
- Canon Law
Each Teacher will have mentoring support by a Professor from the Urbaniana University who will help him draw up a personalized study plan aimed at meeting his learning requirements in the relevant teaching field. If needed, the study plan can be integrated by attending courses in other Rome’s Pontifical Universities.
At the end of each month, the participants will attend a one-day workshop to exchange knowledge, experiences and views within them and with professors and experts on general interest’s topics (education, ecclesiology, magisterium, etc…).
The full list of the courses offered by the Urbaniana University is available at the following web address:
The courses, lasting a semester, culminate in the exams which give them legal validity and entitle successful candidates to be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
Terms and conditions to apply for the Refresher Courses:
- Holding a Licentiate degree (Long-term degree equal to at least 4 years – 8 semesters of university studies) obtained in a Pontifical University or equivalent University-level Educational institution before 2003;
- A good knowledge of Italian;
- Having been a full-time teacher in one of the Urbaniana University’s Affiliated Institutes since at least 2010.
The application for the Academic Refresher Course must be sent to the at the following address: The Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples – 00120 Vatican City, or via e-mail at the following address:
Please attach the following documents to the application form:
- A copy of your ID
- A copy of the Licentiate Degree or equivalent degree
- A certificate mentioning the number of years you have been teaching in the Institute
- Nulla Osta by the Institute’s Director
- Nulla Osta by the Ordinary
- Certificate of language proficiency in Italian if you obtained the degree outside Italy;
- Application for a travel bursary, if any, to cover subsistence costs either partially or totally in Rome, Course Fees and the journey to and from your country of origin.